Thursday, October 27, 2011

7503

Emergency Saimoe Update

Okay 'cause bracket is up now I want to make these prediction before the first match actually starts.

QF1: Astarotte Ygvar vs. Erica Hartmann
Geez I hope Erica has this. This match isn't really that political in terms of the characters themselves, but there's sure a lot of politics behind it. You have the whole Raildex faction out for revenge on Astarotte and the entire Strike Witches fanbase now unified against, well, anyone against these two huge and hugely controversial franchises. My bet is on Erica, though. Mainly cause Astarotte seemed like a crappy show and I never felt like watching it. I guess that was true of Strike Witches until a bit ago too though so I dunno.

QF2: Kyouko Sakura vs. Ruri Gokou
This one is tricky. I'm tempted to say Kuroneko will take it, but uh Akaneko? I dunno trying to make a joke here. Akaneko has all the force of the Madoka masterpiece behind it. Do I need to point out how Madoka, through sheer quality, has preformed some sort of Instrumentality Project-type restructuring of human consciousness, known in many circles as “The Quickening”? Yeah it did that. Kyouko is prolly the least popular Puella Magi, definitely the least moe, but who is gonna vote against Madoka? Like, really, who? The horrible Raildex brigade, that's who. I still can't believe Homura got knocked out. But yeah I think Kuroneko has it actually.

QF3: Madoka Kaname vs. Sayaka Miki
Wow, this is cruel, isn't it? To have these two great friends square off in quarters? I guess it's one of those things that just has to happen sometimes, though. It would have been cool for it to be distributed such that the semi-finals could be entirely Madoka, but this really isn't too bad. Anyways yeah I think Madoka has this. I think. It's hard to say 'cause Madoka hasn't had many hard matchups whereas Sayaka had to take on that stupid Infinite Stratos girl, plus the two minor Railgun characters – here, she didn't even lose to the Railgun faction splitting and getting all confused – although that did happen – she got more than them combined. So Sayaka has proven support but geez Madoka's the main character I gotta think she has even more support even if it hasn't been flexed yet. And maybe the Infinite Stratos kids are against Sayaka now? I dunno they're dumb so I don't really care what they're up to. TWGOK fans have a beef with both of them so probably won't sway it. It'll really come down to actual character popularity instead of political grudges. How neat! And if that's the case Madoka should and probably will have it.

QF4: Mami Tomoe vs. Squid Girl
This one I really have no idea. Mami has been just absolutely stomping everything. I mean winning her group finals 427 to 182? That's a massacre. Of course Squid Girl might have won by that margin were her opponent someone besides the wonderful Yunocchi, may she rest in peace. So I dunno. Politics are too confusing. I gotta just guess Mami will win unless like everyone unites against the Madoka franchise, but I really really doubt that. Usually when a series rampages like this it attracts a lot of hate, but how could Madoka? It's just SO. GOOD.

SF1: Erica Hartmann vs. Ruri Gokou
After Kyouko I'd imagine this'd be easy for Kuroneko. Maybe. Maybe not. Was gonna make some golden cat joke but too lazy to look up words. Probably will be some political thing but I have no idea. I just can't see Kuroneko losing to anything short of Meduka. I could be wrong though.

SF2: Madoka Kaname vs. Mami Tomoe
Same thing as quarter finals, I don't see how Madoka would lose to another Puella Magi.

Finals: Madoka Kaname vs. Ruri Gokou
And here Madoka takes it GG.

OKAY LET'S SEE IF I'M RIGHT.

If I get all of these right, you, the hypothetical reader of this post, have to give me fifty bucks. If I'm wrong I'll uh I dunno I probably won't do anything but if you have a good idea for something I should do I might consider it.

Content to pad out this blog post that might interest more people

Awhile back I made top 20 lists and that was fun and more recently I made top 5 lists and that was fun and even easier so here comes some more:


Top 5 Games I am Looking Forward To
5. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
4. Kirby: Return to Dreamland
3. Super Mario 3D Land
2. Mario Kart 7
1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Hmm all Nintendo games. I think there's probably some more here I'm not thinking of but if I'm not thinking of them I can't really be looking forward to them too much, can I?

Top 5 TAS runs I am Looking Forward To
5. DarkKohbold's Final Fantasy VII run
4. Lil Gecko's Final Fantasy IX run
3. ISM's 96 Exit Super Mario World run
2. SwordlessLink's MST Ocarina of Time run
1. Like every single SM64 player working together's 120 Star run

Of these I think like... 4 and 2 might finish in this year. I have no idea what the status of 1 is even though I get email updates about it every week or so but lol they are in Japanese. 5 and 3 I don't have any idea about.

Top 5 Webcomics
5. Dresden Codak
4. A Lesson is Learned but the Damage is Irreversible
3. Pictures for Sad Children
2. Dinosaur Comics
1. Gunshow

I should probably write more about these choices but whatever some other time. Gunshow takes first with a bullet (haha (AH HAHAHA (lol (omg lol, lol, HAHAHAHA, lol (lol) (ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (lmao (lmfao (party rock! Haha lol)))))))) partially due to the drawing KC Green put in my Anime Club book which sometime I will take a picture of I think I should.
Okay that's a thousand words SEE YA.

No comments: