Tuesday, October 11, 2011

blog post 4 my fans only haters plz log off

Blog update about blog updates

So I was actually updating this pretty frequently for awhile, eh? Like once a week at least for many weeks in a row!? Like an actual blog would do??!! Granted yeah the actual content of the blog was at like an all-time low, which is saying a lot, what with it being just reviews of anime episodes, which I think approximately no one was reading. So that's prolly gonna stop! No not 'cause I got some perspective and realized there were slightly more important things I could write about no no it's because I'm watching like five shows this season (wait lemme think: Idolmaster, Working, Squid Girl, Fate/Zero, uhhh there is one more geez see I can't even remember all of them) plus I'm watching three sitcoms (Workaholics, IASIP, Community) which I also used to always write about plus I'm watching through some old shows plus plus since my schedule has changed up a lot I usually don't have time to watch them as they come out and rather just marathon a bunch of stuff on the weekend and basically yeah I just don't think it's feasible to write a paragraph on each episode of each of them.

But yeah my schedule has changed 'cause I'm back in school, first I was in the “work hard at something you don't really want to do so you can get a high paying job program”, now I'm in the “there's only like five jobs that pay anything and only one of them pays anything decent but you don't actually have to work hard but if you don't want to starve to death while doing this sorta work you'd better!” program which is way more fun and yeah I am working really hard at it 'cause I want dem jobs. When I do get a chance to do some more blog stuff I want to write a bit about the sort of things I'm doing in said program, especially my big capital-bee Beef with Jane Austen.

So what can we the loyal readers expect out of this blog???

I'm gonna try a new strategy where I just like flat-out allocate some of my free time to getting blog posts done and posted instead of just assuming they'd finish themselves up somehow without my explicit guidance. Often I'll get something for this mostly written and then sort of lose interest and never go back and finish it. Usually if I actually force myself to finish it it is extremely easy to do but since that's the case I never actually think to sit down and do it. So now I'm gonna be like “okay from 2-3pm on Thursdays or whatever I'm gonna work on blog things” and I'll probably do the same with other projects. This is usually the very first tip they tell you on productivity websites but I guess I thought I was “above it” or something. Now I'm gonna try though.

Okay so does that mean [thing I have been working on that I've mentioned] will actually be finished?

Maybe.

The top 100 albums of 2010?

Maaaan I don't even want to hear about it. That was just a bit too ambitious. I haven't worked on it in a loong time. Now I go back and a bunch of the albums I forget why I liked them so much and some others I now like way more and my previous comments barely reflect it and there's a bunch of new albums that I had missed that I now want to add and it's generally like megabun. 100 was just like 50 too many. I wrote the blurb or whatever for about 50-60 of them, kinda feel bad abandoning that, maybe I'll post them in some form later. The ones I had left were the ones that probably shouldn't have been included in the first places, ones that I felt impressed by but had no actual emotional connection to and thus had little to really say. Now I'm already working on the 2011 list so I wouldn't hold my breath to see this one. If you were curious the top 20 looked like this:
20. Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky
19. Sufjan Stevens - All Delighted People EP
18. Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
17. The Flashbulb - Arboreal
16. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
15. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
14. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
13. Faust - Faust is Last
12. Shad - TSOL
11. Jónsi - Go
10. Kno - Death is Silent
9. Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
8. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
7. The Roots - How I Got Over
6. Animal Collective - ODDSAC
5. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
4. Das Racist - Shut Up, Dude
3. Das Racist - Sit Down, Man
2. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
1. Avey Tare - Down There



And even that I can't really agree with the order anymore, e.g. I think I'd put Have One on Me in the top 5 easy now, I dunno.


The moe “essay”? The Tetris strategy guide?
These still get worked on and thought about a lot. Eventually I'd like to call them finished but they are very hard to be satisfied with.


The tactical RPG?
The status of Unlimited Tactics is strictly confidential.


One Piece volume reviews?
Actually underway! I want to fully clear the hurdle of the relatively dull early volumes before I commit myself to doing this, though.


Madoka post?
Probably will wait to do this after I rewatch it in glorious 1080.


Nichijou post?
Mostly done, finding it difficult to express like a few really specific aspects of it.


The 50 enjoyable albums project?
Who are you how do you even remember this argh the next one I had to do I was having a stupid time with so I might skip it and do some more 'cause I really was enjoying doing those way back when.


VERY RARE BASED SECRETE PROJECT: “the youth of the world”
This is the novel I am trying to write now and I don't think I have even mentioned it to anyone but in case I have I am telling you now that I plan on posting part of it sometime soon so maybe you can look forward to that if you are the type to look forward to things like that.


Hey weren't you reading Tezuka's Phoenix? You finna write about that?
Yeah I read it and I loved it, writing something about it, yes, yes. Next one I will read is probably either Nausicaa or Lone Wolf and Cub.


And a post about Smash Bros?
Yeah there's something in the works I think.


What else?
Uhhh have been playing ITG a lot, can pass most 7s and 8s and some 9s now. Played a bunch of Innistrad in Magic, that's been fun. That's about it I guess.


That's about it, I guess.

No comments: