Sunday, June 24, 2012

blog post where i talk about things without saying anything


I don’t know why I haven’t been posting more. I haven’t been especially busy and I have a lot of things I want to talk about. Actually, I think the problem is that I have too much stuff to talk about at the moment, and I get sort of intimidated when I realize I have to cover like so many subjects or whatever. So we’re gonna do this pretty rapid fire style.

Hyouka
Still watching this, still glorious animation instilling a sort of deep, warm classy love. End of first big arc was sort of underwhelming, almost underwhelming in a humbling sort of way, made me stop and think “what did I expect?”. Movie arc probably will end similarly, this time I am ready for it. But oh my god the animation quality, did you see when they did what I swear is the first animated handheld camera shot I have ever seen? All those changing perspectives, how did they do it so perfectly??

Centipede Hz

The album cover is here:

Like every Animal Collective cover ever I hate it on first glance but expect to like it by the time it comes out.

Some reports of the album itself are coming in, the band is saying that this is way weirder than MPP, which excites me greatly.

Radiohead

I was supposed to go see Radiohead but the stage fell down so I saw a bunch of other random bands at “North by Northeast”. I also became violently ill. Next weekend I’m going in to Toronto for a big Smash Bros tournament and hopefully nothing will fall down or be thrown up.

Madokami Figure

So only a few days after I was talking about it a few posts ago there was a big blowout of info about this figure, along with the start of preorders. The internet has been exploding about it pretty much nonstop and this is easily the most positive I have ever seen people react to a figure. This thing is basically glory encased in PVC.

Here's another picture of course because I like posting pictures of this:



Green Flame

Lil B’s seventh mixtape of 2012 is out. It is pretty great, there are some funny lines and great beats and stuff. Not on God’s Father tier but really good. What excites me even more is the “YOU HAVE ALMOST COLLECTED ALL THE FLAMES” message on the cover. We have Blue Flame, Black Flame, Red Flame, White Flame and now Green Flame. What is the final boss? I’m so excited!

The Eric Andre Show

I have been watching this pretty obsessively, it is the new Tim and Eric in many ways in my eyes. I don’t like when they have jokes with condiments but everything else is fantastic.

Marmaduke

I watched the Marmaduke movie for some reason, mainly just to see if it existed. It was horrible. There’s a part where Marmaduke wants to go to this party with a bunch of popular dogs, but the unpopular dogs convince him to go to their party instead. So he goes there and plays DDR and he’s really good but he breaks the machine. And then he convinces the unpopular dogs to go to the popular dogs’ party where they are harassed. The movie is just full of incidents like this where Marmaduke is a huge jerk to all involved and it somehow works out for him. He doesn’t do any nice things the whole movie. I have a lot to say about this movie was but it doesn’t seem worth it. Next I’m gonna watch the Garfield movies.

Kirby: Return to Dreamland

Beat this a bit ago, really impressed. Probably my favorite Kirby game in a lot of ways. Every ability was a blast to use. I guess the downside is that because they wanted every ability to be so good, they had to ditch some other classic abilities cause they’d just be too broken or uninteresting. So RIP Mirror, UFO, etc. Everything else is great.

Lone Wolf and Cub

I finished with this. I was blown away by how beautiful an ending they gave it. From the very start you just knew this was the sort of series that was not going to let you down at the end and this not only didn’t let me down, it like, ascended me. Amazing, amazing. Might have edged out Phoenix in my favorite manga list. Might even beat Yotsuba! I should write coherently or meaningfully about this at some point but I am really unworthy. I really want to get a set of these myself, like, physically, but I am very unworthy of that (via poorness).

Saimoe 2012

This is starting up soon and I’m pretty excited. I’ll probably report on it excessively/obsessively because it’s very easy to write about.

YuruYuri season 2

This starts soon too and I’m excited.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb

But this will still be anime of the year I think.

Parks and Recreation

I got caught up with this, pretty happy. Anne x Tom sorta eh but funny so okay. I really liked how they kept Andy and April’s relationship fresh without resorting to “they had another fight but now they’re okay”. Looks like Henry is leaving er Ben or whatever his name is, wonder if they’re gonna bring in another new love interest for Leslie. The episode where Louis CK came back was weird as hell, I hope they don’t feel the need to do that to like uh justify Leslie moving on from Ben or whatever.

Is that it?

I guess. I didn’t really say anything, eh? Oh well. Now I can move on to more exciting things! Or something.

No comments: