Sunday, July 29, 2012

wonderfest, saimoe, wonderful blog life for you!

Wonderfest


So Wonderfest was yesterday, I followed it on a few sites, pretty exciting. Let's look at a bunch of pictures.



Figma Pit is pretty exciting and makes me pretty optimistic about further Nintendo figmas, specifically FIGMA CAPTAIN FALCON!!

Pit has a lot of potential, too, should have some good accessories.

Alter did this really nice scale figure of Akari here. I don't know if they're planning on doing the entire YuruYuri cast but it could be a really nice set.

They did this scale of Mirakurun too, it looks quite nice. I think this was shown off before but I don't think it's on sale yet. I love the stars by her feet.

I think this scale of Karen is by alter too. I love the pose.

Cute scale of Sengoku.

This Insane Black Rock Shooter scale is absolutely nuts. I can't wait to see it painted.

Another angle.

Gumi! I was so glad to see a prototype of this finished, but really, it'll come down to the colour scheme I think for me.

Figma Berserker Guts, looks pretty cool. I wonder what sort of accessories he could come with.

Nodoka Nendoroid, I think this was already shown off in Mikatan's blog.

Giant Robot from Accel World, I mean like, GIANT. You see that guy's leg there?

What the hell is this thing going to cost?



Some Touhou scales. Flandre looks like Lovecraftianly incomprehensible unpainted.

It is apparently based on this Garage Kit though so that'll give you a decent idea of what it'll look like. Crazy.

Some sort of Nendoroid Petite Type-Moon set, sheesh, that's a whole lot of Saber.

But the amount of Saber PALES in comparison to the Miku count:

FamilyMart doing some sort of Miku promotion with GSC...

Miku booth thing. You can see the FamilyMart Mikus in there, along with Santa Miku, the Append Vocaloids and in the back the Mega Miku Nendoroid, which I never really saw any other good pictures of. Or wait maybe I did and I just didn't realize it was big?

Sakura Miku Nendoroid, the popular bootleg, now enters legitimacy. Pretty cute!

Kimono Miku Nendoroid. I love the buns in her hair.

FamilyMart worker Miku Nendoroid, she is basically Barbie at this point I guess...

Chinese HMO Miku Nendoroid? I do like the colour scheme here...

I think this must be the Mega-Miku Nendoroid, otherwise I have no idea why it's being shown off. Actually judging by the size of the card next to it I'm almost certain it is. I wonder how much this thing will cost... it would be kinda fun to have...

Is this a Miku Nendoroid made to look like the giant Nendoroid Miku costume they get people to wear at these events? Is this real life?


Santa Miku Nendoroid, this is pretty logical. So that's what, seven new Miku Nendoroids, including the giant one? I think there were a few more I saw too, actually, some recolour of the default one and a new version of the like "face-fault" version? And a new Racing Queen one I think somewhere? And of course there's the new awesome-looking Snow Miku but I guess we won't see that for awhile. But yeah at least seven, that's pretty crazy. GSC is in an awkward spot where it's like, they can either appeal to the fanbase of one show or they can make Mikus, and everyone loves Miku!!! And I love Miku too, sure, yeah. But SO MANY makes me sorta nauseous.

Dead Master TV Version Nendoroid. Toys begot TV series begot toys.

We're getting some pretty impressive scales, too. Did the BRS anime really do so well, though? It's kinda tanking in Saimoe...

Nendoroid Chariot a pretty logical choice too. She looks pretty cool but what it really comes down to is whether or not her wheels actually rotate. Where are all the Strength goods GSC???

GSC breaking into Fairy Tail. I wish they'd make One Piece stuff. The Portrait of Pirates line is fantastic but apparently whoever is making them can only afford to do about a dozen each =\

For awhile I thought this was a full-sized Nendoroid but now that I look at it it seems like it's just a Petit. Looks pretty nice, but how many Petit sets is The Idolmaster gonna get?

Sakai from Tari Tari getting a Nendoroid. I'm sorta surprised she'd be the first to get one, isn't Miyamoto the main character?

Disgaea 1 Nendoroids? Cool! Or are these Petits, I can't really tell...

Committing to Robotics;Notes Nendoroids before the show even starts airing... Well, it's like, there's no way that show won't be successful, really.

Hakase Nendoroid! I'm getting my Nano pretty soon. Nichijou season 2??!?!

Superb!!

Erica Nendoroid! Cool effect part too. I think Erica is my... fourth favorite Strike Witch? Maybe third even...

Masterful!



Figma Madokami/Godoka/Ultimate Madoka or whatever!!!!!
This thing looks beautiful... but how could it not, really? I guess eventually we'll get a Nendoroid, too?


Another angle because holy crap, oh my god. Really though... it's not all that poseable, is it? Like you're probably just going to display it looking like the scale, so it's really just a cheaper way to get that? I dunno. Maybe there'd be some other cool poses I dunno.

Alice Nendoroid prototype! Yesss!!! And they're making a Mokou one??? Cool!!!

Alice!!!

Akariiiiin!!!!! Hooray!

But guys the biggest bombshell, the absolute miracle that I hadn't even dared to hope for...

GUYS DID YOU KNOW TODAY IS CHRISTMAS
YUNO NENDOROID IS A MIRACLE OF THE UNIVERSE

Alright that's about all I care about I think.

My top 10 most wanted:
10. Nendoroid Mega-Miku
9. Nendoroid Communist HMO Miku
8. Nendoroid Sakura Miku
7. Nendoroid Mokou
6. Nendoroid Gumi
5. Nendoroid Erica
4. Nendoroid Hakase
3. Nendoroid Akari
2. Nendoroid Alice
1. Nendoroid Yuno

So yeah I have some loyalty to the Nendoroid line plus I am still a sucker for Miku, ahh, the material shame washes over me...

Moving very slightly on:

Saimoe

First prelims are finished, let's take a look at the last six groups.

Group 11
A rare tie in first between Azusa and yet another Saki. K-On represented very well in this group, and I'm glad to see Sanya and Ringo do well too.

Group 12
The uh "battle of the meat" went to, of course, Saki again, but Sena did pretty well, proving herself to prolly be the most popular Tomodachi. Ayano and Himawari placing so well is quite nice, I have very high hopes for YuruYuri in this tournament.


Group 13
Three more Sakis in the top four, wow, seriously, wow. Glad to see Hanakawa and Sengoku place so highly, even more glad to see Mio make first prelims.


Group 14
This is a pretty mixed group, only one Saki in the top 10. K-On! is actually the most represented series here, that's a change. Sawa-chan doing so well sorta surprises me. Glad that Sae made it. Mio gets a respectable second place to a character that appears in Hayate after I stopped watching it, well, alright.


Group 15
Huh I always thought the pink-haired girl was the most popular Inu x Boku? Koboto prolly second most popular Tomodachi, makes sense. Mad respect to Ui for almost beating both Sakis in this round.


Group 16
HAHAHA YES, look at the size of that stomp, Akari went like BIGFOOT on them! Mayoi and Sakurako representing hard too but I wish Eila was a bit higher up.

So that's first prelims
By my count Saki has 29 entries in the main bracket already. Most shows don't even have 29 characters total!

Why is Saki so popular anyways?


I feel like I understand it fully now. The show is pretty brilliant. It's a great mix of moe slice of life and shonen. The premise makes it so easy for the characters to go through all sorts of moe emotions and bond and all that stuff. The characters are pretty great too. Saki I think is my favorite, she really reminds me of Yoshika. I actually thought they shared a VA until I looked it up just now. But yeah, very addictive show.


Honestly I don't think it'll do that great in the tournament proper, though, it's basically forced to cannibalize itself. GO TEAM #YURUYURI

I guess that's about it for now

No comments: