Friday, October 18, 2013

Live Review - Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs 11 - Iruka Club and the Day of the Festival

Today is yuri manga day!
Because three of my favorite running series have gotten updates I haven't read yet! And I'm gonna share the experience of reading them with you! I'm sure you woke up today, joyous with the potential of the new day, filled with ambitions... of reading a 22 year old man's page by page commentary on yuri manga!

Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs 11 - Iruka Club and the Day of the Festival
Scans by Yuri Project

cover
Nice shot of the main characters here... I really like this whole cast.

1
Ahhh, a festival chapter. Festival stuff is always among my favorite. This artist is great and I want to see lots of her just drawing the festival staples.

2
Aha, yeah, they're giving some sort of presentation. Nerves...

3
Aren't you a model? You can handle this...

4
So nervous she can't stand! MC girl... can't remember her name... she reminds me of Shino in Kirino Mosaic. Which is of course a good thing.

5
Pppppfffffffffft, ahahaha, that escalation. Good job MC girl.

6
Wait wait, what are they doing again? These series update so infrequently that if the concept is anything more complicated than "these girls like each other" I'm liable to forget. They're promoting their tourism promotion club, right?

7
Wait, what did they do? Augh I'm so dumb. I guess they just did some sort of skit to promote the club or something.

8
Haru-chan right... oh right it's right in the title... jesus. I didn't get enough sleep last night. Anyways yeah whatever... I guess the tourism board contracted the club to promote the town. Makes sense.

9
Haha, just when she's getting comfortable... the TV station strikes!

10
Oh yeah Tae-chan, the new girl. The like, bitter girl sorta archetype. That's always good. Her relationship with Riko is pretty funny.

11
OOOIIIISHIIIIII-DESSSS~~~~!! Ahh, reviving the popularity of the town. What a nice message.

12
Oh boy, this has mischief written all over it. Eating contests sheesh uh oh. I'm betting... Riko with the dark horse reluctant participation and then victory. That last panel is really good.

13
Ah no nevermind, it's the chance for just these two to interact... the ol' "most reluctant girl seeks guidance from second-most reluctant girl, who shows her how great things actually are... or something"

14
Yeah yeah see exactly. Dang that hot pot looks pretty good.

15
Ohoho. Tae-chan is into sensei... Wait, I think this was established before? I can't remember. Good blush there.

16
Blush overheat... I'm not sure what I think of teacher-student stuff... I think I'm okay when it's like, a tangential plotline that's more for jokes or whatever, stuff like umm... what was that one called. Well whatever. I'm fine with this etc.

17
Aw, they both have someone they want to make happy. I like how Tae-chan was so spaced out that Riko like, shocked her just by saying that lol.

18
Ahh, this is a really nice page. I like that technique... Nice message too. What a pleasant series.

19
Bubbles! Eh? Okay fine.

20
Aww, what a cute page. I like the sense of community they brought out in this chapter. Stuff like this, Tamako Market, that sort of community spirit theme, I really like it.

21
Lol... almost had it. Tae-chan appeared to be caught! etc.

22
Aw, but she actually was moved. Of course... And lol steamed buns... How did two high school girls get first and second? Well whatever...

Fun at the festival!
I kinda wanted more festival action... Good to see Tae-chan come around, she was a little too standoffish for my taste iirc so they needed to like, bring that out more. I feel like the yuri content here was both minimal and sorta forced... I hope they focus more on Riko and Haru's relationship more in the future. But yeah very nice little chapter.

A

No comments: