Monday, July 7, 2014

Song of the Day #60 - SunnyHill - The Grasshopper Song

We kpop now!


I don't really know much about Kpop and what I do know basically just comes from ITG stepcharts. This one I was all ready to hate, 'cause it has double steps and quads, but, just like... basically everything else in ITG, I started finding all these elements super fun as soon as I was able to do them. Some double step patterns are actually really smooth and natural, and when I started nailing the quads it was so satisfying. And, in another classic ITG cycle, the chart was so fun that the song got stuck in my head, and here we are now. I still clap every time there's a quad in the chart, lol. It's a really fun song, lots of energy, I love the sort of "tonal transitions" when the male singer comes in and at the end. Good stuff, Korea, I guess??

No comments: