Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Live Review - Bleach 552 - The Fundamental Virulence

The final arc of Bleach!
Thank God! Ugh. Well... actually, lately, Bleach hasn't been that bad for me. I like some of the new characters, there's some decent fights, the pacing is pretty good too. Of course, this is all just relative to Naruto...

Bleach 552 - The Fundamental Virulence
Scans by mangastream

1
Woah, where'd those buildings warp in from in the second panel?? So the king guy wants to make things extra humiliating for the captains? OK sure. Blaze B or Bun B or whoever here was kicking Hitsugaya's ass pretty hard and I guess I prefer this to Hitsugaya having some sort of ass-pull maneuver?

2
Damn yeah shit doesn't look good for these two. I really don't see death flags going up, though.

3
"I", "The Iron", "live together, die together". Uh okay yeah I'm okay with this guy he's alright. Looks pretty menacing. Okay though so he has a Chinese name and what is Kubo doing with his eyes though? Ummmmmm...

4
So then he uses his bankai and gets ice wings, Cirno-style. Sure whatever.

5
He's like, an ice dragon or whatever. So... the bankai lived with him, so does that mean that when he kills the captain he'll get rid of the bankai, too? Like, applying his own philosophy?

6
Oh never mind okay yeah... I sorta like this. Now we're back in the lab with this dude whose name I forget.

7
Urahara figured out how to get the bankais back. Sure. But um they couldn't win when they had their bankais and a whole lot more dudes too?? This guy overreacting maybe lol.

8
And then he shows up, alright cool. I like Urahara so that's fine with me. Hey what's Ichigo up two these days anyways? He's in the Spirit King Palace, right? With his 2 swordz...

9
Teaming up for operation recover bankais. Sure sure.

10
Uhhh... I don't really remember what they're doing here or what that diagram thingy means. Well whatever...

11
Uhhh.... I don't really care. Sure. Pills. Bankais.

12
Uhhh.... sure. Two reasons. Get on with it pls.

13
Oh okay they got like, the line up. So... what does any of this mean? Wait, no, no, I don't even care. Just do whatever you're gonna do.

14
Wow okay yes very convenience. A miracle pill warped in to all the struggling fighters. Is it senzu???

15
Okay great everyone has their bankais again. Great. Now they can fight like they always fought before. Great. How exciting. And why do Quincies hate Hollows? Honestly I couldn't care less.

16
Quincies absorbing a hollow's power and hollowfying a bankai causes rotting of the spiritual essence. Okay I don't care.

17
Um, okay. So... Urahara like, poisoned everyone's bankai? So... they aren't even going to fight? The captains just auto-win? What the hell am I reading this for?

Oh god I don't care about all of this crap
If there's one thing I hate almost universally, and I hate this a whole lot, and this is why I can't stand a lot of science fiction, it's when you have to go into looong exposition over repercussions of various aspects of your silly bullshit superpowers system interacting. Maybe your bullshit system should be simple enough that these interactions don't need all this exposition, and just sort of operate intuitively? Failing that, maybe you shouldn't make a major plot development hinge on that sort of bullshit? Failing that, maybe you should come up with a way to make the exposition more than just blah blah blah blah blah? At least we got some plot advancement, and the opening scene was okay, and Urahara had some funny stuff.

C-

No comments: