Monday, September 29, 2014

Song of the Day #76 - Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan - Lifestyle

Livin' life like a volcano and this is just the beginning


I heard there might be a Rich Homie Quan x Young Thug mixtape coming out later today, but I mean... I don't really need an excuse to post a song with these two. This is a pretty sick song... Young Thug does two amazing verses over this smooth-ass beat... his hook is about as incomprehensible as hooks get, and yet is still somehow emotional and catchy. The cadence and alliteration on lines like "God told me they never can stop me so they ain't goin' stop me/I'm in the coffin with baby mommy gettin' sloppy toppy" is insane, especially with that distorted layering track. And stuff like... quoting Rich Homie Quan and then shouting "Quan voice!", like, no one but Thugger would do that. Rich Homie Quan's verse feels triumphant just by virtue of how understandable it is. And then Birdman does some stuff cause I guess he feels he has to.

No comments: