Monday, March 15, 2010

our downfall

so recently a friend of mine proposed the idea that we all start a website and write articles for it. i was all for it. this is something i have wanted to do for awhile and i guess i sort of have with this blog but this blog is sorta unprofessional looking and no one reads it, the second problem being tied to the first in that i don't really link to this blog much due to how unprofessional it looks.


so yeah that's kinda neat.


anyways, here's a few things:


Periodic Manga Reviews and such:

Beelzebub 52 - A bit of action, not too much, oh well. Enough action I guess. Some funny scenes. I like how the new guys are tough but not like another tier up from Oda etc. Stronger is OK, so much stronger that it becomes unreasonable for Oda to just power up and win, not OK. This manga's been good about that thus far, though. 7/10

Bakuman 77 - Dang I kinda wish the ceremony had more time. I think they passed up the opportunity for some funny scenes. This is definitely getting to the boiling point, though. Good scenes with the phone call and Hattori's advice. Shizuka is making his move too, but he's really becoming another silly character. Pretty much only the chief editor is left to be nonstop badass. Oh well. 8/10

Naruto 486 - This was stupid. I could go on in some length about how stupid it was, but it seems pointless to waste all that energy talking about something I hated. This is a new low for Naruto. The plot makes no sense. The art is getting worse and worse. Characters are one-dimensional and uninteresting. There are serious gay undertones that Kishimoto is deliberately using to tap into some fangirl hormonal frequency. This is a story of friendship written by someone who acts like he has never had a friend. It's all such stupid bullshit. Argh. 0/10

Bleach 395 - Not bad, Kubo! Wonderweiss had better stay dead this time. A few pretty cool scenes, but why did he bother with blocking the exploding corpse? Didn't he just generally unleash those very same flames earlier? What would this new re-release do that his initial attack didn't? Ah well, I don't care much about stuff like that, it was a neat scene nonetheless. And oh boy, Bleach ending, Ichigo jumping into fail again, but I guess we'll see. I think Bleach and Naruto are both in their penultimate arcs, but Bleach has just been ramping it up lately while Naruto suffers. 7/10

One Piece 577 - Awesome chapter! Um, I'd write more about it, but I'm tired and I kinda want to play Pokemon. Kirbybeard is pretty neat. This chapter wasn't as good as the last so I feel weird giving it a 10, but I do feel like it's in the top 10% of manga chapters, and even One Piece chapters. So I'm conflicted. Ahhhh this is the top notch writing that deserves a legitimate siteeeee 9/10


1 comment:

horse said...

What do you mean by "nothing is similar to cold water"? I'm just curious to know. I would say that cold juice being splashed onto you is similar to the sensation of cold water. Also, the great feeling of drinking cold juice is similar to the refreshing feeling of drinking cold water (sometimes even better). Cold Perrier tastes kind of similar to cold water since it's tasteless (but also kind of gross).

I'm not saying they're exactly alike (obviously not!) they are just like cold water.