Friday, March 2, 2012

I Believe in the Good of Life

No 2011 posts yet because reasons

Forget that for now. Let's do a brief update on the good things in life.


An internet friend of mine is having troubles so here are things I enjoy and I hope you will enjoy too.

So posting videos in your blog is really easy it seems so I'm gonna do that a bunch. Here is some Hidden Cameras. I started listening to them because I started listening to The Unicorns again. I started listening to The Unicorns again because I forget.

This is probably my favorite Unicorns song:
What is this, noise twee? It is the sound of a dream becoming a nightmare. Get it in the lowest quality you can find on the worst loudest speakers you own and it'll knock the thought right out of you.


I passed Destiny in ITG
Obviously this isn't me. I did a lot worse, I got like a mid-70. But geez I still can't believe I passed this! Streams at 175!!! I was playing really really well that day. But yeah speaking of videos and me there's some video now on my Youtube channel of playing ITG and doing random things, I recorded it with my roommate on a whim and may delete them on a whim so watch 'em now if you wanna. I don't play too well at the time and uh I don't know if they're that entertaining in any respect.


My Japanese is going well
I started learning Japanese last weekend. So far I know my Hiragana really solid, my Katakana much less solid, and about 20 kanji sorta well. I know enough grammar to describe things with various adjectives and ask if things have various adjectives.

It is really fun to just write everything I can think of in Hiragana. Katakana can take a hike, though, it all looks too same-y.

Black Rock Shooter is going well
I'd like to talk more in depth about how much I like this show because there seems to be a pretty major backlash. In short it's like: Autist characters? Not a problem. Why? Because moe is not a nuanced emotion.

This is roughly the best song I have ever heard
Get it in the highest quality and play it on the best headphones you own and get ready to cry. But first listen to "Kindred" and "Loner" obvs. Holy cow though Burial. Wow. Wowowowowow.


This is approximately a perfect song
They do some things with some chiptunes and it's SMOOOOOCH! Wow. Get it at roughly 256vbr and play it on the loudest brightest flashingest combination speaker/game you have and get ready to vibrate.


This is approximately the best middle-part of a trilogy ever, better than The Empire Strikes Back
SOOOORRRRRRY FOR IRONIC SHITPOSTING


But seriously though the beats these guys use are pretty catchy, as are most of their hooks, and the verses, which are basically just other hooks. Get it in 24bit 96kHz FLAC and play it at your local party and crank that every day and get ready for haters to get mad. These videos are also hella fun because I dunno there's just a lot of stuff going on plus the guys dancing are pretty good.

This one is kinda weird because like, well in the other ones the LMFAO guys (btw did you know the one guy's like 36? Doesn't that seem too old? Whatever) are just kinda being general nuisances but here they're being really directly mean and rude to people. And the sexual content seems way more overt? I dunno I think my like 10 year old little cousins listens to LMFAO, like, they're basically a kid's band I think, I dunno if I knew of these concepts when I was 10, can't remember.

Also this video made me realize that there are very very few black people in LMFAO videos. Dwell on that.

MST
OH YEAH, it's here. You know it's here. I'd tell you how good it is but you already know or you don't care. Oh except wait it sucks because it's J rom and I can't tell what's going on.


MST controversy
It seems like there are THREE SIMULTANEOUS CONTROVERSIES in the OoT TAS community. That's pretty crazy. They're:

1. Should Swordless have run with J rom or U rom?
2. Should wrong warp any% obsolete RBA any%?
3. Is stick on B kosher or an emulation error?

I have no real opinions on any of this. Or maybe I do, but I'm so out of my depth that I don't think I should share them with even myself.

I just think it's really fascinating to watch these people debate this.

Speaking of WW...

I have seen two routes recently: one for a Wind Waker TAS, one for the new Wrong Warp any% in OoT. They are both... beautiful. Let's hope they find a spot on a 2012 best runs list??? Hmm, maybe that is overly optimistic.

Brushing


So I've been watching Nisemonogatari, dunno if I mentioned that before but whatever I am. So uh that episode 8, eh? Hm. I think I still need to gather my thoughts. Wait no one has been thoroughly gathered and implanted and cemented into my semiconscious and that is the idea of brushing someone else's teeth/having my teeth brushed by someone else. I don't know why the idea fascinates me so much. And no it really isn't the context presented by the episode, not entirely at least. I don't think I actually want to engage in this myself, I just want to hear about it.


This is an open call: if you are in a relationship where you could maybe do this, please ask to brush your partner's teeth or have them brush your teeth. And tell me about it. I would really be grateful.

One Piece


Man this new arc is exciting, I have no idea what is going on, ahhh, etc. My best guess: so we know this is an old stamping ground of Vegapunk. He made some stuff and then it got out of hand and then he left it. So I think there's a cult that's like, stalking him, trying to use his inventions for harm. They've kidnapped giant children to experiment on them, trying to produce some sort of mutant army. Btw this is almost eerily similar to the plot of an RPG I wanted to make when I was like 12. So Luffy et al are gonna kick the asses of these guys, Smoker gets involved in some capacity, and then uh Trafalgar Law prolly rampaged through there too at some point, messing with samurai for some reason. I don't know, though, I really don't.

Other manga
Guts finally killed the big thing and now other stuff might happen, Torako got a chapter to herself!!, Bleach has lurched into what might be called an arc, Bakuman's been exciting, Fairy Tail's been pretty decent honestly? I'm excited for new chapters at least. Naruto is once again at an all time low.


GSL
Watching Starcraft is really fun and this GSL final is going to be amazing, oh wow, GZA vs. The Doc. I'll probably never play Starcraft again but yeah geez watching it is a blast and a half.

Yamada!





I think that's it?


I feel like there was something I was forgetting but nah that's it.


I will try to blog more in the future! Or maybe if you watch my videos and like them I will video blog "vlog"? in the future, it would sure be easier! Or harder I have no idea.

No comments: