Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Song of the Day #61 - Death from Above 1979 - Trainwreck 1979

Life from Above 2014


Alright so RIP Death Grips and all that (why haven't I been doing Death Grips songs as every song of the day as tribute? Idk... I probably should) but at least we're getting these guys back?? Does anyone else find this... really weird? Due to "creative differences", which, given how intense these guys seem to be, sounds like pretty serious business, they broke up in 2006. For five years they seemed perfectly happy doing their own stuff then suddenly announced a big reunion tour and new material and stuff. By the way, my 16 year old self would straight up murder me through time if he knew how little effort I've made to go see these guys live. But like... something just seemed weird about the whole thing. I think another aspect is like... whenever bands like this reunite, it never seems to live up to the hype. I think it's cause we expect an album that isn't just as good as the old ones, but that blows our mind as much as the old ones did. Which is like... impossible. What a ridiculous standard! But I can't help it. When I think "new DFA" I think "new YAWIAM" which makes me think of the first time I heard that album, which makes me want something that really shocks me, that addicts me, etc, etc. Okay yeah but the song itself? Is pretty good. I think it would fit right in on their album. So that's good. Gonna think about it some more I guess.

No comments: