Thursday, July 10, 2014

Song of the Day #63 - Neil Young - Don't Let it Bring You Down

Welcome 2 dad rock era


I've been listening to a lot of Neil Young with my dad in the car, and whenever this one comes on he always mentions how much he likes it. Hey, me too! This is I think Neil Young in the mode that I like him best... nice subtle instrumentation, and lyrics that are just like an overload of just gorgeous, haunting imagery. There's a sort of intensity to the opening, with the rhythm of everything and his voice has a lot of momentum. And the first time he does the chorus there's that energy to it, but then by the time he does it at the end, it switches into like, another perspective... the same lyrics, but a different energy. And of course this all matches up with the lyrical content. Wow, cool, good job Mr. Young.

No comments: