Friday, July 11, 2014

Song of the Day #64 - Future - I Won

I won me a trophy!


I almost forgot to do this because I finished my big blog post about anime and I was really excited but then like... it doesn't really make sense to neglect the blog because I was so excited about doing a good job of blogging? So here we go with a triumphant emotional banger that perfectly describes the relationship between me and my waifu, lel. This is a weird one... the whole idea of a "trophy wife" seems pretty objectifying and misogynist, but then all the love and praise in the lyrics, even when really vulgar, seems so sincere and joyful... like, I don't think any of us can understand what it means to have an intimate personal relationship when your entire person is under public scrutiny. I think there's a lot of things you'd value that we'd never think of. I'm a huge fan of Kim x Kanye, btw... whenever people hate on her it really bugs me. Like, they criticize her based on a TV show??? Do these people not understand reality TV? Idk this is a subject that's too big for this little post plus I meant to go to bed awhile ago whoops.

No comments: