Monday, November 10, 2014

Song of the Day #84 - Azealia Banks - 212

lol i keep forgetting to do these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jv9fNPjgk

I wonder if I can hit 100 by the end of the year... uhh... I have like a month and a half, to do 16, that seems doable.

Anyways, this album finally came out, yay. It's pretty good, overall, lots of fun songs. But Idk this is still the best one and now I'm just listening to it over and over and over. There's just such an energy to it, it makes me want to do stuff that my body can't do, that I can't even imagine. Her mixing of "oo" and "k"/"ch" sounds is so nuts. Like, there's a feeling of spontaneity and immediacy to it, but there's no way she didn't actually refine this over a long period of time. It's just too perfect. And it has this awesome emotional space where it seems aggressive, and aggressive with a specific, destructive, goal, but also like, super fun, like, someone going WAY IN with Captain Falcon or something. The more times I can use Captain Falcon/music analogies, the happier I am overall. And oh man the breakdown, as soon as she drops that "Ay yo", I just swoon a bit. This triggers all my yuri stuff in a weird way too. Mysterious, powerful.

No comments: