Thursday, September 13, 2012

Saimoe update

So I'm back from vacation

You can expect a blog post about it soon.


Soon... like your 2011 best of lists?

...Why is the first "title" area said as if I said it and the second one as if some hypothetical reader said it?


Why am I dodging the question?

Yeah, why are you dodging the question?


Anyways:


I'm not caught up on anime so this post isn't about that. Nor have I listened to a lot of the music I've been meaning to (via addicted to Centyhurts), so this post isn't about that either. So what is it about?

SAIMOE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Are you guys excited? I'm really excited. Later I will talk about Lil B and AnCo though so if that is more "up your alley" you can "scroll down" or maybe "ctrl+f".


Group E

Again, bold = my prediction, italic = my favorite, underline = actual winner.

All predictions can be found here. Hopefully my formatting doesn't get all wonky again.

Chiaki Kurihara @ Bodacious Space Pirates
Cordelia Glauca @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes
Sakuno Uryuu @ Mashiroiro Symphony ~The Colour Of Lovers~
I had no real horse in this race, just like, guessing etc.

Erio Touwa @ Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
Yumi Kajiki @ Saki
Hiro @ Hidamari Sketch
Aw, poor Hiro. And poor me for underestimating Yumi, who is still like an awesome Saki so congrats to her.

Kaori Senou @ Saki
Yunoha Thrul @ Aquarion Evol
Kurumi Hazuki @ Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel
I like Kaori because she is roughly as good at mahjong as me I think.

Yayoi Takatsuki @ The Idolmaster
Nao Midorikawa @ Smile Pretty Cure!
Chie Satonaka @ Persona 4
I like Chie more than most of the Purse Owners and when I briefly played Ultramayo I played her but Yayoi is just fantastic.

Atsumi Miyagawa @ Recorder & Randsell
Sanae Nagatsuki @ Squid Girl
Yuuko Aioi @ Nichijou
Poor Yuuko, poor Nichijou in general. Sanae is a good character too though but maybe the most terrifying Saimoe entry? Seriously she is a kidnapper.

Yachiyo Todoroki @ Working!
Hinagiku Katsura @ Hayate The Combat Butler
Sanya V Litvyak @ Strike Witches
Wow SANYA GOOD JOB. Top tier witch. Really happy to see her win this hard match pretty decisively. I should have had more faith.

Ringo @ Daily Lives Of High School Boys
Hibiki Ganaha @ The Idolmaster
Natsumi Aizawa @ Natsuiro Kiseki
SHO GA NAI WA NE!

Rin Tousaka @ Fate/Stay Night
Yurin L'Ciel @ Mobile Suit Gundam Age

Sukoya Kokaji @ Saki
type-moon pretty inconsistent in Saimoe but if Rin can't win, who can?

Mix @ Aquarion Evol
Chitose Ikeda @ Yuru Yuri
Charlotte Dunois @ Infinite Stratos
The YuruYuris are having some real rough first round matches. One positive IS related note is that it turns out I have been playing the OP in DDR for awhile now without knowing it and I really like it.

Hatsumi Usuzumi @ Saki
Arata Sagimori @ Saki
Yuu Matsumi @ Saki
The hype triple-Saki match had some really really high vote totals, holy cow. Yuu just STOMPED. But I still like Bowling Toki...

Erika Kurumi @ Heartcatch Pretty Cure
Taiga Aisaka @ Toradora!
Literature Girl @ Daily Lives Of High School Boys
Former champion doing pretty well, but how can she handle one of the major Saki juggernauts?

Haruka L Morishima @ Amagami SS
Ayumu Nishizawa @ Hayate The Combat Butler
Yui Hirasawa @ K-On!
And how well will Yui do? Can these oldschool SoL and romance moeblobs stand up to the exciting new mahjong-shonen-moe era??

Scores for Group E

I guessed correctly 8/12 times. Japan had good taste 5/12 times.

Overall I have 40/60 for me, 28/60 for Japan.

Predictions for Group E round 2

Sakuno Uryuu @ Mashiroiro Symphony ~The Colour Of Lovers~
Yumi Kajiki @ Saki
Kurumi Hazuki @ Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel

Yayoi Takatsuki @ The Idolmaster
Sanae Nagatsuki @ Squid Girl
Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches

Hibiki Ganaha @ The Idolmaster

Rin Tousaka @ Fate/Stay Night
Charlotte Dunois @ Infinite Stratos

Yuu Matsumi @ Saki
Taiga Aisaka @ Toradora!
Yui Hirasawa @ K-On!

I'm showing a lot of FAITH here.


Group F

Ryuuko Mifune @ Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
Hercule Barton @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes
Horizon Ariadust @ Horizon In The Middle Of Nowhere
Milky Homos strongish this year.

Seraphim @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?
Yae Kobashiri @ Saki
Hatsuse Okahashi @ Saki
Ah, the Saki alliance got a bit split here. Good for Korean Zombie Desk Car I guess but I don't care about that show.

Irisviel Von Einzbern @ Fate/Stay Night
Riko Mine @ Hidan No Aria
Yui Funami @ Yuru Yuri
Yui really popular with the elevens. Good. She should be. YuruYuri seems like it ought to be doing way better aaaaa.

Ranko Saouji @ Sankarea
Kirame Hanada @ Saki
Kasumi Iwato @ Saki
Subara!!

Kanna Tanigawa @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
Mikoto Urabe @ Mysterious Girlfriend X
Karen Araragi @ Ghostory
Man this wasn't anywhere near as close as I was hoping it would be. Sorry Karen, oh well, your sister will do better...

Haruka Amami @ The Idolmaster
Satomi Kanbara @ Saki
Ohana Matsumae @ Hanasaku Iroha
Wa ha ha... well, this was a surprise. Good for Haruka, though.

Kuro Matsumi @ Saki
Sara Eguchi @ Saki
Subaru Konoe @ Mayo Chiki!
Subaru put up a good fight. I guess the Mayo Chiki fans are mad but I've never seen one so maybe they don't exist and it's just 288 people sick of Saki.

Mayu Morita @ Morita-san Wa Mukuchi
Nadeko Sengoku @ Ghostory
Nyarlathotep @ Haiyore! Nyarlko-san
Snake is the best bakemono real talk forever. If there was a Lovecraftian cursed girl in -monogatari that would be cool though.

Haruna @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?
Tsumugi Kotobuki @ K-On!
Ryuuka Shimizudani @ Saki
This was an intense match but I guess Ryuuka deserved it cause she didn't win anything else, do ho ho ho.

Yukari Hirai @ Shakugan No Shana
Eru Chitanda @ Hyouka
Dantalian @ Dantalian No Shoka
Main girl of a new Kyoani series yeah nah no I bet she has like no chance.

Yoshika Miyafuji @ Strike Witches
Ririchiyo Shirakiin @ Inu X Boku SS
Tooru @ A Channel
Yoshika put up a good fight. Better luck next year?? Better put out a new season!!

Miyako @ Hidamari Sketch
Takane Shijou @ The Idolmaster
Yuuko Kanoe @ Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia
YESSSSSSSSS (Lil B voice). GOOD JOB MIYAKO. All our hopes are with you!

Scores for Group F

I was correct 9/12 times. Japan was correct 6/12 times.

So overall I'm up to 49/72, Japan 34/72.

Predictions for Group F

Hercule Barton @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes

Seraphim @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?
Yui Funami @ Yuru Yuri

Kirame Hanada @ Saki
Kanna Tanigawa @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
Haruka Amami @ The Idolmaster

Kuro Matsumi @ Saki
Nyarlathotep @ Haiyore! Nyarlko-san
Ryuuka Shimizudani @ Saki

Eru Chitanda @ Hyouka
Ririchiyo Shirakiin @ Inu X Boku SS
Miyako @ Hidamari Sketch

Will the Saki alliance begin to crumble? Maybe. Bad split in that third match likely.

Group G

Momoko Touyoko @ Saki
Mayoi Hachikuji @ Ghostory
Yukiho Hagiwara @ The Idolmaster
Momo wins out on the invisible match and in retrospect it is so obvious that she would. Oh well I like her almost as much as Hachikuji.

Nodoka Haramura @ Saki
Ami Futami @ The Idolmaster
Mio Kitahara @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
Nodoka ez.

Ai Nanasaki @ Amagami SS
Saku Touyama @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes
Sawako Yamanaka @ K-On!
I dunno why I was so optimistic about Sawa... old (>18) characters do so poorly in Saimoe.

Laffinty Fin E Ld Si @ Rinne No Lagrange
Miyuki Hoshizora @ Smile Pretty Cure!
Hina Takanashi @ Papa No Iukoto O Kikinasai!
Wan...

Rihoko Sakurai @ Amagami SS
Angelina Nanatsu Sewell @ Mashiroiro Symphony ~The Colour Of Lovers~
Aria H Kanzaki @ Hidan No Aria
I had no real horse here but I grabbed the right one I guess.

Hitagi Senjougahara @ Ghostory
Kouko Fukuyo @ Saki
Suzuha Amane @ Steins;Gate
Crab grip strong! Even round 2 is possible!!

Mio Sakamoto @ Strike Witches
Nao Takanashi @ Onii-chan No Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara Ne!
Kotori Otonashi @ The Idolmaster
Wow I was sorta hoping for a Mio surprise victory but I never even thought to consider THIS surprise victory. Hooray! Kotori is an awesome Idol, er, character in the Idolmaster...

Rise Kujikawa @ Persona 4
Habara @ Daily Lives Of High School Boys
Aoi Yamada @ Working!
Yamada still prolly the best Working!! character. Round 2 might be tricky.

Rea Sanka @ Sankarea
Tsukihi Araragi @ Ghostory
Siesta @ Zero's Familiar
Woah, tie! Cool. Rae had a pretty amazing comeback at (literally) the eleventh hour.

Yuniko Kouzuki @ Accel World
Ako Atarashi @ Saki
Rena Ryuuguu @ When They Cry
One of the main Akagi-hens isn't likely to get taken down easily. Is Ako the weakest of them though? I guess we'll see.

Squid Girl @ Squid Girl
Yuuko @ A Channel
Sakuya Aizawa @ Hayate The Combat Butler
Ika strong but not as strong as last year? Last year she stomped all the way to bracket, or at least group finals. Here? You gotta be... kidding me. Ha.

Minami Shimada @ Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu
Akane Hino @ Smile Pretty Cure!
Mael Strom @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?

More desk-cars. This one was pretty close.

Group G scores

I got 9/12 correct. Japan got 7/12 correct.
I am up to 58/84, Japan 41/84.

Group G predictions

Momoko Touyoko @ Saki
Nodoka Haramura @ Saki
Ai Nanasaki @ Amagami SS

Hina Takanashi @ Papa No Iukoto O Kikinasai!
Aria H. Kanzaki @ Hidan No Aria
Hitagi Senjougahara @ Ghostory

Kotori Otonashi @ The Idolmaster
Aoi Yamada @ Working!!
Rea Sanka @ Sankarea
Tsukihi Araragi @ Ghostory

Ako Atarashi @ Saki
Squid Girl @ Squid Girl
Mael Strom @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?

I think Saki can overcome the split in the first match. I hope they can, at least.

Anyways we got group H starting now, very exciting, and then the super exciting second round!! I'll see you then?

What about the uh other stuff for this blog post?

Uhhh next time.

No comments: