Monday, October 15, 2012

Saimoe Round 3

HA HA TIME FOR SAIMOE

Will this blog ever contain something else?

Maybe. But not right now.


Anyways as always, my prediction is bold, my favorite is italic, the winner is underline.

Group A
Saki Miyanaga @ Saki
Kobato Hasegawa @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
Saki has this easy! Now we have the FATED MATCHUP!

Yuuki Kataoka @ Saki
Koromo Amae @ Saki
Pretty good for a Kodomo ha ha ha.

Group B
Iori Minase @ The Idolmaster
Toki Onjouji @ Saki
I didn't have to look into the future to see this one coming ha ha ha.

Akari Akaza @ Yuru Yuri
Mei Misaki @ Another
I didn't have to notice her to see she was a winner ha ha ha.

Group C
Cthugha @ Haiyore! Nyarlko-san
Hisa Takei @ Saki
Wow I'm so happy I got this wrong. Hisa really is one of the greatest Sakis and she deserves a good group finals.

Astarotte Ygvar @ Astarotte's Toy!
Yayoi Kise @ Smile Pretty Cure!
And wow yeah Cure Peace will give her one, that's for sure. Will Hisa go into a hell wait for a triple rock throw like Kaiji??? Are these references getting way too tangled??

Group D
Chihaya Kisaragi @ The Idolmaster
Hinata Hakamada @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!
Loliball always looked like a stupid show to me but I say that mainly because I just don't like the character designs. Probably other people dislike stuff I like for the same reason which sucks because the stuff I like is obviously actually good and worth watching. 

Nagi Sanzenin @ Hayate The Combat Butler
Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar
This was Rie vs. Rie so basically a crapshoot. I like Nagi better but whatever I think they're basically the same character with different haircuts.

Group E
Sakuno Uryuu @ Mashiroiro Symphony ~The Colour Of Lovers~
Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches
Sanya strong! I didn't expect her to be the final witch remaining, but she's one of, if not my favorite, witches, so I'm not exactly complaining.

Charlotte Dunois @ Infinite Stratos
Yuu Matsumi @ Saki
Seeing harems that I never bothered watching to moe mahjong gods makes me very warm inside.

Group F
Yui Funami @ Yuru Yuri
Kirame Hanada @ Saki
There is a limit, though, and this is it. What the helllll? At least it was really close. Oh well Subara etc.

Kuro Matsumi @ Saki
Ririchiyo Shirakiin @ Inu X Boku SS
Could we end up seeing Yuu vs. Kuro? I think in actual mahjong dora affinity should beat red tile affinity? Or wait who was dora affinity again? Why do they have to use superpowers anyways??

Group G
Nodoka Haramura @ Saki
Hitagi Senjougahara @ Ghostory
So Group G is two Sakis beating out two Monogataris. I think a lot of people are probably saying that this is the death knell of anime but a lot of other people said Bake outselling Eva was the death knell too so who knows.

Tsukihi Araragi @ Ghostory
Ako Atarashi @ Saki
Looks like Ako finally has her big showdown with Nodoka! And, probably as it will happen in the manga, she'll get utterly crushed without regard as Nodoka proceeds steadily along!

Group H
 Airi Kashii @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!
Shana @ Shakugan No Shana
Since this is probably Shana's swansong saimoe, it's good that she did well and was well represented and all that.

Mio Akiyama @ K-On!
Sena Kashiwazaki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai

UHH THIS ISN'T COOL THOUGH because this might be Mio's swansong saimoe too and she make  group finals due to this flavor of the month meat and awwww ;_;

Round 3 Scores

I got 12/16 correct. That gives me an overall score of 100/144. Japan had good taste 10/16 times. Overall they are at 70/144.

Group Finals Predictions

Saki Miyanaga @ Saki
Koromo Amae @ Saki
Saki will win by drawing the final required vote after getting four votes of a kind.

Toki Onjouji @ Saki
Akari Akaza @ Yuru Yuri
Toki can see the future, but can she see... Akari? Ha ha this joke is really old.


Hisa Takei @ Saki
Yayoi Kise @ Smile Pretty Cure!
A lot of these matches come down to the strength of the Saki brigade which is uh unimaginably strong so maybe I'm worrying over nothing here. But like Cure Peace has a huge fanbase that no Cure has seen in many generations, so she has a shot.


Hinata Hakamada @ Ro-kyu-Bu!
Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar
Man I could not care less about this match.


Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches
Yuu Matsumi @ Saki
Blah blah joke about Russia is cold and warm and etc.


Kirame Hanada @ Saki
Kuro Matsumi @ Saki
Blah blah Subara joke.


Nodoka Haramura @ Saki
Ako Atarashi @ Saki
Blah blah monkey penguin whatever.

Shana @ Shakugan No Shana
Sena Kashiwazaki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
This will be a decisive match for the dfc vs. healthy debate that rages the world over. It won't be THE decisive match, though, because the war will never, ever end.


OKAY THAT'S IT FOR NOW TUNE INTO EXCITING GROUP FINALS

No comments: