Thursday, June 12, 2014

Song of the Day #46 - Raccoo-oo-oon - Untitled 1

Another loud emotional classic!


I hope I linked the right video... lol this band has too many untitled songs. Uhh so recently Death from Above 1979 announced a new album, which is insane, and then today I found out The Unicorns announced a new album... I really have no idea what to expect from either of these. The members of these bands, after disbanding, went on to have a bunch of new projects that I liked less than the originals, and usually liked less and less through each release... so I really want to temper my hopes here, but at the same time, maaann... it could be so sweet. Who knows. Anyways, here's an insane fun catchy brutal nightmarish song that combines the weird aesthetics of The Unicorns and the intensity of DFA, from a band who actually stays defunct when they say they're done. Wow, what an amazing song. It goes through a whole gambit of emotions you didn't know you have. I go long periods of time without thinking to listen to this fantastic album but I feel like I'm always on the verge of shouting "We are sons, and we are saviors!" or whatever the hell it is he's shouting. Right from the shrill, sheer cowbell or whatever at the start, you know this is an uncompromising noise attack sort of song, but the structure and progression is so subtle, so refined, that it betrays a sort of sophistication that seems completely at odds with the animal force behind the sound. Wow wow what an amazing song, please listen to it. It will be memorable, at least.

No comments: