Saturday, June 28, 2014

Song of the Day #56 - Harmonium - Vert

If we needed a fifth season...


I heard about this album a bit ago and instantly fell in love with the title... Si on avait besoin d'une cinquième saison, or, If we needed a fifth season. Isn't that just like... almost overwhelmingly poetic and haunting and beautiful? I was almost scared to listen to the album because I felt like it couldn't live up to the title, lol. But oh man, what nice music. Like, as soon as the little bass line at 0:27 comes in, so rich and foresty (or at least reminding me of the Tetris Attack Forest Stage, lol), I knew I was in for a treat. It walks this fine line where it's all very intricate and vividly produced, and yet it feels so simply sincere and, like... fun. They're really having a lot of fun, and it shows. My French is pretty rusty but "la vert du commence" I understand... the spring is commencing. How beautiful!

No comments: