Saturday, September 27, 2014

Song of the Day #74 - Venetian Snares - Kétsarkü Mozgalom

It's... just a pigeon


Now that I'm on an Aphex Twin/Thom Yorke grind basically 24/7, I think often of the fallen son, good ol' V Snares. His music is cruder and more degenerate but feels equally limitless, and sometimes he produces some subtle effect that, through the contrast with the rest of his work, really stuns you. And then sometimes there's a feeling of hopelessness and dread on his tracks, something very hidden and very subtle. This album for me is still very mysterious, despite it being somewhat "simple" in purpose. "I know I used to be happy". What is the emotion of this song? Is this a fun song? Is it an exciting song? Can something fast and spastic make you feel calm and upset? Is there inherently "triumph" in kineticism or can you fail and go fast? These and other nonsense questions are unavoidable and traumatizing.

No comments: